Transport Manager- Leading FMCG Company
My client, a leading FMCG company based in Birmingham, are currently seeking an experienced Transport Manager to add to their operation.
The ideal candidate will come from both a FMCG and secondary delivery environment, with a national and international CPC.
A leading FMCG Company based in Birmingham.
- Co-ordinating with suppliers and branches, planning routes and scheduling delivery times;
- Managing and leading a team of Supervisors, administration staff and drivers;
- Organising the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring performance and progress;
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Maintaining standards of Health & Safety and ensuring security in the work environment;
- Preparing Company performance reports;
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment;
- Manage 24/7 multi-shift teams;
- Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements;
- Ensure all transport costs are controlled and maintained at a minimum level;
- Maintain the highest hygiene standards;
- Ensure all work carried out is in line with UK and EU laws and regulations.
- Experience operating Transport Manager or Distribution Manager level
- Experience managing a large team of drivers within a FMCG operation
- Union Management experience
- Secondary delivery experience
- National & International CPC
- Good all round communicator with excellent written and oral skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong people manager, who can lead and develop an effective team
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome obstacles
- Gives clear and strong direction.
Salary on offer is between £50,000 and £55,000.