Site Services Engineer
An experienced Facilities Engineer is required on a three shift basis in Telford for a manufacturing organisation specialising in carpeting prime residences, iconic buildings of national and historic interest as well as many of the world`s leading luxury hotels, cruise ships, gaming and leisure venues.
Reporting to the Site Service Coordinator, the Facilities Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all site plant and equipment. Realise Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Assist in the achievement of specific cost, productivity, quality, performance and health and safety targets.
- As part of a business unit, achieve (and better) set machinery performance targets.
- Ensure that continuous improvement, action focus and team working become integrated into the work culture.
- As a key member of the engineering function, develop, engineering skills.
- Resource planning.
- Controlling material requirements.
- Ensure that continuous improvement, action focus and teamworking become integrated into the work culture.
- Participate in performance reviews.
- Ensure that shift cover is achieved by liaising with the engineering Team Leaders in line with production / engineering requirements taking into account situations such as; Absenteeism Holidays Training
- Any other duties directed by your line manager/s and commensurate with grading
- Good basic education e.g. numerate and literate, GCSE or Equivalent qualification.
- Recognised appropriate trade status.
- Qualifications in Mechanical engineering to City & guilds or NVQ level 3.
- Wet process equipment
- Site Services.
- Electrical skills such as: Panel wiring, installation, machinery fault finding etc.
- Boiler house skills such as: plumbing skills, Welding, bench fitting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting etc.
- Confident team player, able to develop and motivate teams.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and to organise and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of operating and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Dual fuelled boilers gas/oil
- Gas heaters
- Wet process equipment
- Water softening plant
- Effluent discharge
- Fire protection systems
Facilities Engineer - three shifts
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits
33 days holiday per year
4 week trial period