Cover Supervisor required for day to day supply in Dudley
Academic Choice is currently looking to recruit Cover Supervisors to work in our client school based in Dudley, Stourbridge, Kingswinford, Wordsley and surrounding areas.
The role is simply day to day work to start with, but for the right person this can lead to full time work, 5 days a week.
Full training will be given to successful candidates who demonstrate a good level of Literacy, Numeracy and Oracy.
This role is quite often a useful stepping stone to Teacher Training.
Personal qualities needed include confidence, presence, flexibility and a sense of humour.
Ideally, candidates should have their own transport or be situated within easy access to the public transport network.
Excellent rates of pay.
Cover supervisor-Job description
Teaching and Learning
1. To supervise the classes of absent colleagues.
2. To register tutor groups and teaching groups.
3. To create a purposeful and orderly environment in which students can complete work set by the class teacher.
4. To monitor and support the students as they complete work set by the class teacher.
5. To establish productive working relationships with students.
6. To provide feedback to the class teacher/head of department in regard to the work completed and the general behaviour of the class.
7. To promote inclusion within the school.
8. To implement the school’s behaviour policy.
9. To attend staff meetings and training to keep abreast of developments.
10. To undertake the following should there be no need to cover a class:
support individual students;
support the heads of year and heads of departments with administration duties;
offer mentoring opportunities for students as required;
provide additional class support for teachers or carry out administrative tasks; and complement the professional work of teachers by enhancing the delivery of the curriculum.
The benefits of joining Academic Choice are:
Competitive rates of pay
Small, exclusive, local agency
Recommend a friend scheme with a £50 gift voucher for a shop of your choice.
- Jobs to suit your personal requirements and expertise
Academic Choice is a small exclusive agency in Hagley. We have an excellent relationship with all of our schools and know all of our teachers personally. Feedback from both our client schools and teachers is excellent.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.