Audit Senior, Birmingham
An independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisors with multiple offices located across the Midlands. This firm has a great reputation in the local business community, and despite growing in size, they can still offer a personal touch for their clients when needed.
This firm prides itself on taking responsibility for the community and they continue to support charities that are important to their employees and their clients, making them a positive role model to other local companies and a superb place to work!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Audit Senior to join the team based out of the Birmingham office. The role will require you to plan, delegate, review and complete audit and accountancy work for Manager review, and to supervise junior members of the team.
- Acting as a liaison between the client and the manager during the audit.
- Supervising the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required.
- Ensuring that high standards of quality, reporting and advice are maintained throughout the audit.
- Planning the assignment and supervising the team to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Reviewing the work of allocated staff, answering fieldwork queries and ensuring that files are prepared in accordance with regulations for managerial review.
- Co-ordinating the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager.
- Liaise with the Tax Department in respect of tax related activity.
- Prepare and discuss assignment appraisal reports.
- Perform detailed technical work as required, contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters.
A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) would be preferred, however, suitable equivalents will be considered subject to demonstrating sufficient Audit experience. CPD to the requirement of the professional qualification must be maintained.