Experienced Despatch Manager required for a state-of-the-art Food Processing plant in the heart of Telford offering excellent earning potential working on days. Opportunity for an experienced Despatch Manager from the food industry, or a Team Leader/Supervisor looking to make the next step in their career. You will be tasked with overseeing the despatch team of 8 personnel, ensuring product quality and despatch deadlines are adhered to.
A hands-on role, leading and motivating a medium sized team of despatch operators that undertake quality standard checks and process produce despatch on days. Directly reporting into the Operations Manager.
- Overseeing a team of 8 despatch staff
- Ensure that the team delivers product quality in line with customer standards.
- Drive through and efficiency's, maximise yields, minimise waste and downtime, and ensure quality standards are maintained
- Lead the team to achieve their daily KPIs
- Motivate and develop a high performing team
- Work alongside and communicate effectively with sales and production teams
- Escalate unresolved issues / concerns to the departmental manager
- Identify and implement solutions to problems at an early stage, to prevent issues escalating unnecessarily
- Act to continually improve work area and performance.
- Ensure full trace-ability is sustained on all Company products
- Work with colleagues across the business to ensure the overall success of the company.
At least two years Team Leader/Supervisor/Management Despatch experience
Experience of leading a diverse team and people management skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
PC skills to support communication analysis and reporting
Demonstrable safety work ethic
Be able to work on own initiative and work flexibly with high positive energy levels
For more vacancies visit our website