Kier are looking for a Senior Estimator to work on a up and coming major civils project, if you have experience of large earth works projects or infrastructure projects them please read on and apply today.
- Attend pre-construction and construction site visits.
- Manage the production of enquiry schedules for either civil scope of works / packages from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued.
- Manage the preparation of enquiry documents for either civil scope of works / packages.
- Identify the tender deliverables required from the project designers.
- Manage the preparation and issuing of RFI's (Request for Information) to the Client / Architect. Evaluates and issues RFI responses to the Estimating Team.
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
- Prepare a project risk register including risk cost evaluation and risk probability, and arranges and chairs a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners, Design Co-ordinators.
- Arrange with the Chief Estimator the Tender Adjudication Settlement Meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners and Director(s).
- Arrange a Tender Handover meeting in the presence of Estimators and projects team. Prepares commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
- Lead Tender Adjudication and Presentation to Director and Senior Manager.
- HNC/HNC/Degree (Construction related).
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.