Currently recruiting for a PLC in Shirley. This is a permanent role as an Assistant Financial Accountant. My client will only consider part qualified candidates who are actively studying for ACCA/ACA/ACMA so please do only apply if you fit the requirement. You will ideally come from a shared service centre background.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Month end reporting to the corporate accounting team in accordance with the published timetable
- Complete analytical reviews of allocated entities and document /validate variances
- Fixed Asset accounting
- Bank Reconciliations
- Prepayment accounting
- Supporting intercompany processing and reconciliations for the team
- Preparation of VAT return, and support of statistical return completion.
- Assist with corporate quarterly and yearly reporting packs.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, and assistance with review where required.
- Support margin reporting on 3rd party products
- Primary responsibility for completing group audit requests for selected entities within defined deadlines.
- Assist statutory accountant/auditors in completing annual filings including responsibility for any ledger queries.
- Support Tax group with annual returns by providing analysis as requested
- Cross support other team members to ensure overall achievement of deadlines
- Take ownership and support colleagues on jointly managed tasks
- Work with other finance/non finance personnel to ensure accuracy of accruals and reserves for allocated entities.
- Assist with ad hoc projects within the team as required
If you feel you have the passion, drive to succeed and experience for this role please apply now!