Position: Project Manager
Kier are looking for a Project Manager to work on a up and coming major civils project, if you have experience of large earth projects, this role will be key to the pre-construction phase and more full cycle one the projects hits the ground.
- Manage the delivery of projects to high standards by budgeting and programming
- Manage the project, from contract award to close out, to meet all contractual requirements.
- Manage designated projects to meet company objectives post-contract with an input into pre-contract requirements emphasising customer care and business excellence
- Ensure projects are safely delivered on time, to budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures.
Manage the implementation of designated projects. Ensure the project plan is maintained from inception to completion
- Monitoring and communicating project financial performance and administration for all assigned projects
- Oversee the co-ordination of operatives, subcontractors and supplier in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency and minimising costs
- Develop and implement the site business plan.
- Act as a point of contact, managing relationships with all stakeholders, consultants and service providers
- implement and comply with the Kier SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements and best practice within Kier Group's including regular safety inspections within the allocated business area
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of HNC/HND in an engineering related discipline required
- Project Management qualification
- Previous project management experience
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Computer literate
- Ability to maintain relationships with clients, customers and suppliers
- Team Leader with organisational skills
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.