Psychology to A Level Teacher
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Psychology Teacher (part-time 2.5 days a week) to join a popular and oversubscribed specialist academy. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, This Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the Shropshire countryside. Priding themselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2016 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and they expect GCSE outcomes to be well above the national average when the first cohort of pupils take their examinations in 2017. The school provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. They offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.
The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.