Athwal Resourcing is currently recruiting on an exclusive basis for an ambitious business that continues to be in rapid year on year growth. This newly created role of Management Accountant requires a diverse individual that will be initially involved with the day to day accounting and system improvements as the business grows. Thereafter, the Management Accountant will be involved in improving and further developing the MI of the business for key stakeholders. The individual will initially be reporting into the Finance Manager.
Key duties for the Management Accountant include:
- Day to day Accounting: Production of the monthly management accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations and accruals and prepayments;
- Fixed Assets: Maintaining the fixed assets register, depreciation and capital allowances;
- Cashflow Reporting: Periodical cashflow reporting and monitoring reports for external bodies and funding partners;
- MI Analysis: Produce and further develop a dashboard of analytical reporting for the key KPIs of the business;
- Internal Controls: Complete reconciliations on internal systems on a monthly basis;
- Liaison with External Authorities: Involved in the submission of statutory accounts to the auditors, ensure VAT Returns and Corporation tax returns are submitted to tax authorities and submit financial reports to regulatory bodies;
- System Integration: Assist in the smooth integration of the new business intelligence system- Cognos;
- Banking: Authorisation of payments via the internet banking tool;
- Ad hoc projects: Working with the senior Finance team on financial and operational projects.
The successful Management Accountant will be:
- Of graduate calibre and be either a Part-qualified or finalist CIMA/ACCA/ ACA;
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in Management and Financial Accounting;
- Have excellent Excel skills, especially in the context of financial modelling (Vlookups, Pivot Tables). Ability to develop macros would be an advantage;
- Meet reporting deadlines; both internal and external on a periodic basis;
- Ideally experienced in using business intelligence systems such as Cognos / TM1;
- An excellent communicator and team player who is able to set and manage expectations;
- Ability to organise own workload and an ability to work to multiple deadlines;
- Personal qualities must include positive attitude, adaptability to change, tenacity, self-starter and an absolute commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
This is a great career opportunity for a part qualified/finalist to join a well-known progressive set of businesses and develop your existing skills within accounts and finance. The company provide study support and all staff participate in the company bonus scheme.