Mechanical Project Manager
Mechanical Project Manager required for a Mechanical Contractor in Derby - £40-45k + Car + Pension
A small mechanical contractor based in Derby are looking for a Mechanical Project Manager to join their expanding team. They work throughout the UK for Blue Chip Clients in the Commercial and Residential Sectors, providing services for Plumbing & Heating, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Gas, Renewables and Under Floor Heating.
Your new role
The Project Managers must ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that the company secure repeat work with the client and maintain relationships. Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client. Project managers typically lead by example, so expect to be working all over the UK and hours required to fulfil the contract.
- Agreeing project objectives
- Representing the client's interest
- Providing independent advice on the management of projects
- Procurement of onsite labour and materials.
- Risk assessments and method statements / Health & Safety system and procedures
- Ensuring the ISO9001 quality standards are met
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines, contracts, H&S and quality are maintained
- Monthly forecasting, contract reviews, applications and invoicing throughout the projects.
- Project successful handover
- Final account and sub-contractor payment notices
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 3 years' experience as a Mechanical Project Manager in Building Services
- Experience delivering a variety of projects
- You will need a good degree of management skills preferably in the electrical or mechanical field body with a history of experience in the appropriate disciplines.
- City and Guilds trained.
- Full and clean drivers licence.
- HNC Mechanical engineering desirable but not essential
- Microsoft Word / Project / Powerpoint / Excel
What you'll get in return
- £40,000 - 45,000 + Company Car / Car allowance
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Care
- Company Pension
What you need to do now
For more information, please call Ben Fox on