Out client, an up and coming Challenger Bank are seeking a CeMAP qualified underwriter to join their mortgage division. If you’re CeMAP qualified with previous underwriting experience and in-depth knowledge of the mortgage lifecycle then you could be the person we’re looking for!
Purpose of the role
To assess, analyse, underwrite and process all new buy-to-let mortgage applications from receipt of application through to offer of loan. You will be required to maintain service levels whilst ensuring the company’s credit policy and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessment of mortgage applications and preparation of detailed risk analysis
- Communicating directly with financial intermediaries and customers, providing underwriting decisions and case updates
- Analysing and assessing all pre-completion incoming post
- Assessing willingness and ability to pay
- Analysing bank statements and company accounts accurately
- Reviewing and assessing valuation reports
- Carrying out Know You Customer (KYC) verification checks
- Collating and analysing all documentation and assessing overall risk and decision
- Preparing detailed summary and recommendation
- Assessing Transfer of Equity requests
- Reviewing and approving retention release requests
- In depth knowledge of the mortgage lifecycle
- Business awareness and knowledge of the buy-to-let mortgage industry
- Proven ability to assess and apply sound risk assessment to each stage of the application process
- Understanding of criteria and the ability to apply credit policy and lending guidelines to underwriting decisions
- Proven ability to assess bank statements, company accounts and cash flow forecasts
Qualifications and experience
You must be CeMAP qualified with a minimum of two years’ underwriting experience, preferably in mortgages. Experience of reviewing and understanding company accounts, cash flow forecasts and business plans is essential.
Working hours 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch)
Training Relevant training will be provided