Permanent - Full Time
Aston - Birmingham
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturing business based in the heart of Aston Birmigham. The organisation is currently recruiting for a knowledgeable, experienced finance manager with a similar industry background. The main duties of this role are as follows;
- Providing and construing financial monthly / weekly reports / information
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and produce two weekly cash flow forecasts every week.
- Manage the finance staff to analyse any change in gross profit, wages increase, and cost and advising accordingly.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Review the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Liaising with auditors / accountants to ensure monthly / annual monitoring is carried out.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, banker etc.
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Managing yearly / monthly budgets.
- Recruiting and training new finance team members
- Supervising finance staff to ensure that all aspects of their job are up to date weekly / monthly.
- Managing / processing bonus payments and over time for monthly and warehouse wages.
- Dealing with Customer sales invoice / credit note query’s as and when they arise.
- Building and maintaining an effective motivated finance team.
- Providing training and guidance to the finance team
- Work with the MD in managing all aspects of HR, new and updating staff handbooks, contract and Legal issues, interviewing, hiring and firing.
- Monitor and control stock levels in the business - always looking at new ways to cut down on cost on mailings.
- Looking for new suppliers to cut down cost of our overheads in the business.
- Monthly Management reports and accounts (P&L, Balance sheet) , you will need to prepare for the accountant to come in and sign off
- Create yearly budget for sales and over heads.
- Ensure that all supplier payment and wages are kept up to date and ensure that the cash flow is monitored at all times. - Produce weekly report.
- Mange quarterly Vat returns and monthly PAYE reports and payment.
- Prepayments and Accruals
- To conduct any other duties not mentioned above, as projected by a director of the company.