This role facilitates the smooth functioning of the department, identifying and implementing methods of improving the departmental/office environment and operational efficiency. Assists and co-ordinates departmental employees and practices, ensuring the team is able to maintain an excellent standard of service.
• Highlights areas where improvement can be made to the firm's advisory offering.
• Expands network of contacts both internally and externally.
• Has broad reach in their internal network and proactively identifies opportunities for integration.
• Promoting the advisory team to the wider firm via presentations/office visits where necessary.
• Shows an understanding of the firm's vision, strategy and values and uses this as a foundation in all work.
• Acts as an ambassador for Grant Thornton seeing opportunities to raise brand profile.
• Develop an understanding of the department's services and client mix.
• Keep abreast of industry developments, changes and trends.
• Ensure and maintain the strictest adherence to client confidentiality in all dealings.
• Maintains regular updates and communications with key stakeholders.
• Review and co-ordinate opportunities for personal development of team members.
• Act as a point of contact for team member issues referring to a manager or relevant People and Culture team where appropriate.
• Encourage teamwork and flexibility across the team and work to drive through new initiatives and encourage change.
• If appropriate, co-ordinate and conduct performance review meetings, review skills and identify training needs of the team.
• If appropriate, oversee and undertake recruitment of new team members.
• Co-ordinate and communicate arrangements for departmental changes.
• Oversee and co-ordinate departmental communications.
• Secure services from support functions and monitoring their delivery, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures.
• Support in the introduction of processes to ensure departmental issues are identified, reported and resolved.
• Organise events (for example client seminars, team away days).
• Arrange and attend internal and external meetings.
• Update and formalise processes to ensure that the department complies with risk management requirements.
• Co-ordinate processes to ensure adherence to the firm's corporate style in all correspondence and presentations.
• Support departmental projects.
• Ensure best practices are shared.
• Be a point of contact for the advisory department on specialist subject area.
• Preparation of research and relevant documentation.
• Any other tasks relevant to the role.