Senior Software EngineerC, Net, Azure: South Birmingham
Senior Software Engineer(C#, .Net, Azure): South Birmingham: £40,000 - £60,000 + package
Broster Buchanan are working with a key client who are looking to recruit for a Senior Software Engineer (C#, .Net, Azure). To be considered for this opportunity you will need to be an experienced service developer to develop and support our Azure hosted RESTful services platform.
You need to be a remarkable software developer, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you'll fit straight into our open, collaborative, egoless working environment. You'll have a relevant degree or be able to demonstrate similar knowledge and experience.
As a senior within the team you should be able to demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team and instill best practice to the rest of the team.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Commercial experience developing RESTful services. Must have a concrete understanding of restful principles.
- Excellent knowledge of service development using the .net framework
- Uses good software practices (e.g TDD, mocking) on a daily basis.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
- Database design and development (e.g. SQL)
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Analytical thinking, good decision making skills
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
- Take accountability and responsibility for team delivery
- Strong team building and personal skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP
- Has had experience in scaling services.
- Microsoft Entity framework
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Web API or ASP.Net
- Modern software development practices eg. TDD, BDD, Pairing
- CI and build tools eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
- Version control solutions eg. Git, Mercurial