Chief Engineer Driveline & Transmission
Job Description For Vacancy No: 233554L
Consultant: Lewis Cross
Company Profile: Our client is a world-class provider of engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy for the global automotive, transport, defence and energy industries. With a century of delivering value, they employ over 2,500 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide.
Job Location: West Midlands
Job Position: Chief Engineer Driveline & Transmission
Job Status: Permanent
The Role: You will be primarily responsible for using your career built expert knowledge of Driveline & Transmissions to lead, develop and manage key projects.
Your everyday tasks will include the provision of:
- Technical and commercial leadership in developing new business opportunities
- Compelling project proposals that demonstrate superior value to our customers
- You will be comfortable in meeting new and existing customers and developing relationships, operating within the Vehicle Product Group team and working with other Product Groups to win and deliver multi-discipline vehicle programmes.
The Ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong track record of vehicle engineering project / product development within the automotive industry, preferably in volume production programmes.
- Strong technical background in at least one area of Driveline and Transmissions Systems.
- Proven skill in defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams.
- A willingness to function in a broader technical environment in a leadership position.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Credibility in a wide range of customer situations.
- Understanding our client's business, including their organisation, financial decision-making process and business challenges to create and sell solutions that respond to the client's value drivers.
- Understanding our client's industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors, to develop and sell solutions that address client needs.
- Defining new business streams for Vehicle Systems and developing associated selling strategies and supporting material through collaboration with the global team, other product groups, market sectors, commercial and engineering teams to develop and sell a portfolio of high value solutions.
- Providing technical lead in developing business opportunities with relevant material and preparing proposals in response to Request For Quotations.
- Direct responsibility for the development of proposals (documentation, plans, costing, commercial package) for global customers through to order conversion including successful contract negotiations.
Technical leadership of assigned Vehicle Engineering projects by:
- Defining technical resource requirements for successful project execution
- Maximizing team performance using standard processes
- Leading technical reviews
- Assessing cost/benefit trade-off of technical solution and leads decision making process
- Draws on the wider technical expertise across the global organization to achieve optimal technical performance
- Primary technical interface with client
- Support development of Ricardo technology strategy and product offerings for Vehicle Systems business.
- Developing and maintaining client network and relationships with senior level customer counterparts (Chief Engineer level and above).
- Mentoring key engineers and identifying requirements for skills development.
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 + Car allowance + Bonus