EDUCATION SECTOR SOLICITORS
Stone King is developing its national presence, opening a Birmingham office. They have opportunities for talented individuals to join their successful and expanding national team to service existing clients and expand our growth in the Education and Charity sectors.
- Candidates will have 2+ years’ PQE with experience of either education, property, employment, corporate/commercial, or charity and social enterprise law. We will consider candidates of all levels if there is demonstration of good quality experience in the Education and Charity Sectors.
- The successful candidates will work for our clients in both the public and private sector but will have a particular focus on schools and academies.
- Successful candidates will be commercially minded, self-motivated individuals who will enjoy dealing with a varied workload.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Birmingham office and West Midlands area.
The Education sector team works mainly for schools in both the state and independent sectors, offering a broad range of legal services to schools and providers. Our work covers all aspects of school life including:
- Governance, school organisation and development, including property issues
- Academy conversions, mergers supporting the growth of Multi-Academy Trusts
- Leases, transfers and general property support to schools and Trusts
- Employment issues for schools and academy trusts
- Charity law and structures
- Relationships with parents, and students including admissions, contractual issues, behaviour and bullying, discipline and exclusions, discrimination and other equality issues
- Education provision, in particular special educational needs
- Dispute resolution of all sorts, including tribunal hearings, panel hearings and court applications.
Please note, strictly no applications from agencies.