Hotel General Manager - Birmingham
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
£35-40,000 (neg) + bonus and company benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for a current Deputy General Manager or Operations Manager looking to cut their teeth in their first general managers position.
We need a driven, ambitious, and enthusiastic manager to really take ownership of this hotel and implement a strategy of improvement. It is being refurbished next year so you will also gain project management experience.
You will be responsible for the financial and operational performance of the hotel, and for driving sales, standards, and customer service levels.
You will need your own transport.
ROLE - HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
As the Hotel General Manager you will report to an operations director, and:
- Lead, develop, and inspire your team.
- Have full P & L accountability
- Drive sales and maximise profits
- Manage and improve all controllable costs
- Control costs, budgets, and labour
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Work to company targets and KPIs'
- Maintain brand standards and company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - GENERAL HOTEL MANAGER
- Experience as a deputy GM or operations manager in full service or budget hotels
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Staff recruitment, selection, and training
- A positive outlook and personality
- Passion and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
- Knowledge of hotel brand standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join the market leader in their sector.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.