Organisational Communications Officer - Until December 2017
Organisational Communications Officer required to join my client until 31st December 2017.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and deliver communications to support organisational policing priorities using channels appropriate to our audiences (incorporating campaigns, internal communications, digital communications, media and social media communications and reputation
- Develop and deliver tactical communication strategies, initiatives and plans (internal and external) in line with policing priorities using a wide range of communication channels.
- Lead on specific areas of organisational communications.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior officers / managers in relation to policing priorities, internal change programmes and corporate reputation.
- Develop and deliver advice and training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the workforce.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies and guidance.
- Ensure they comply with relevant legal requirements and national best practice.
- Make best use of appropriate technology, good communication practice and devise innovative, effective communication solutions to deliver targeted communications to meet organisational priorities.
- Deliver key messages and communications using internal communication channels, digital and social media, media communication channels and marketing opportunities.
- Develop the forces' digital and social media presence and lead the development of key organisational communication channels (e.g. internet and intranet systems).
- Protect and develop the forces' corporate identities and photographic image banks.
- Manage service suppliers e.g. news management system suppliers, photographic services, graphic design, print buying, internet and intranet suppliers and digital advertising.
- Seek out new communication approaches to increase public confidence and satisfaction in services utilising a range of channels.
- Establish and maintain professional and positive working relationships with key stakeholders, other agencies and community-based organisations to extend the reach of communication initiatives.
- Negotiate and consult with both internal and external stakeholders to protect and manage risks to the reputation of the forces.
- Provide effective and efficient written, design and creative communications and information which positively and proactively promote the forces, build public confidence and enhance community safety and reassurance through communication channels and products to reach internal and external audiences.
- Provide specialist advice and support to the Organisational Communications team.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post
- Deputise for the Organisational Communications Manager as required.
- Educated to A level or equivalent qualification level.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing theory, internal communications, marketing campaigns, digital and new media marketing and multi media systems and tools (e.g. internet, intranet systems and social media channels).
- Knowledge of media communications.
- Experience of delivering organisational communications, including reputation communications management and communications strategy development and delivery within a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of communications campaign development, reputation management, digital communications delivery (including social media) and internal communications.
- Experience of commissioning and managing service providers e.g. news management system suppliers, photographic services, graphic design, print buying, internet and intranet suppliers and digital advertising.
- Experience of providing training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the organisation's workforce.
- Experience of leading communication projects and initiatives from concept to implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of advising and influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering corporate change communications.
- Experience of developing and maintaining corporate social media channels and communications channel development, including new multi media and digital systems.
- Experience of working in an emergency service or similar fast-paced communications environment.
- A degree in a specialist relevant subject such as communications, marketing or public relations or a relevant professional qualification, e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Experience of using local, regional and national media coverage and other publications to deliver organisational aims and objectives.
- Experience of project management.
- High level of strategic thinking and analysis
- High level of communication skills - verbal and written.