The Logistics Division of SF Group are currently working with a business to recruit a Depot Manager to join a fast paced wholesale business on a permanent, full time basis. The hours of work are Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm. You will also be required to work a Saturday (9am - 4pm) or Sunday (9am - 3pm). Please do not apply for this role if you are unable to work 6 days a week.
- Day to day management of a busy depot with an annual turnover of £80 million
- Provide leadership, training and continual development of staff within the depot
- Ensure competencies are in line with desired goals and delivering an excellent level of customer service
- Stock replenishment and ensuring health and safety
- Manage and maintain a profitable depot
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the depot
- Manage and motivate staff effectively
- Report on depot performance according to company requirements
- Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to staff and customers
- Adhere to the processes located within the depot manual
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety
- Seek to continuously develop knowledge of customer and competitor activity
- Maintain and manage a high quality of customer service
- Comprehensive control of stock
- Maximise the efficiency of deliveries on van
- Provide an efficient and effective service to customers
My client likes candidates from retail backgrounds so store managers, general managers, concession managers from a FMCG would be ideal.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to flourish within a business that rewards based on results. In return, you will be offered a salary of £38 - 40,000 per annum.
New Site-Smethwick, Birmingham