Sea Freight Operator
Sea Freight Operator
£18000 - £25000/annum
03/07/2017 (14:13) Just Added
Supreme Recruitment Services Limited
To support the Manager and operational requirements of the business through excellent customer service and attention to detail. Working closely with Account Managers, Sales executives and operations to ensure clients receive the very best customer service in the market please. Along with general operations this will also involve the direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone, along with the utilisation of company software.
Responsibilities/Position in Structure
• Receiving inbound calls from within the branches client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
• Managing Sea freight import/export operations right from receipt of bookings form, arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers/NVOCC operators and Overseas Agents.
• Generating Export Booking Confirmations /Import Arrival Notices and advising to Account Managers, Customers and overseas agents.
• Entering the customers bookings onto our system will be a daily task and requires excellent attention to detail while working with the account manager to make sure you have all the required information.
• Generating Export Customs Entries.
• Generating HBL's/MBL's / Pre-Alerts in a timely manner.
• Preparing documentation for Import Clearance in-order to forward same to in-house clearing agents and then keeping track of entries, arranging deliveries in-time.
• Credit check on accounts in-line with company policy.
• To deal with Invoicing/Job Costing to customers in a timely and accurate manner and investigating any discrepancies that arise on those invoices.
• Dealing with shipping lines, overseas agents, making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
• Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the client receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy. .
• To complete KPI and shipment tracking reports for customers.
• To deal with the passing of our suppliers invoices in line with the agreed cost and investigating any discrepancies.
• A respect towards the office Health and Safety guidelines.
• Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm