Senior Management Accountant
Optima are exclusively representing a high growth business in Stoke on Trent with the recruitment of a Senior Management Accountant. Working closely with the Finance Director and Senior Management Team you will be responsible for providing all aspects of robust financial control for this manufacturing business.
Based at the UK Head office it is a pivotal role within the finance department. Working as part of a group of companies the finance team provides accurate and reliable financial support. This role requires an individual who is passionate about what they do coupled with a background in manufacturing, cost accounting with the ability to communicate with non finance personnel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monthly - Preparation of Management Accounts for both the statutory and trading company.
- Annual - Preparation of Statutory Accounts, forecasts and Budgets.
- Periodically - Preparation and submission of various returns.
- To maintain financial control and report on Manufacturing costs and Inventory.
- To maintain financial control of all balance sheet accounts including stock, provisions and accruals.
- To assist in the preparation of business budgets, forecasts and plans
- To maintain financial control of the business inventory including stocktaking and obsolescence reviews.
- To analyse capital spend and report on overspends
- To assist in the investigation, analysis and explanation of all variances compared with budget and business plan targets.
- To investigate cost discrepancies using various tools
- Preparation of the following years standard costs in line with the budget
This is a fantastic opportunity in a business that has experienced significant growth in the past two years. For this opportunity I am looking to identify a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 5 years post qualification experience within a manufacturing setting. In addition you must possess strong analytical skills, with high attention to detail. Able to translate complex data into simple to understand information. Working knowledge of commercial aspects of business. Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact with a wide range of employees across the organisation.
A more detailed specification can be provided upon request. To discuss this opportunity and for a more detailed job specification of the position available please contact Kerri-Ann Hargreaves.