Melt Section Plant Engineer
One of the world’s leading producer of specialist metals for industries including automotive, military and aerospace requires a Melt Section Plant Engineer to ensure Plant Availability, reliability and effectiveness. This includes recognising future improvements and Maintenance requirements and the day to day reliability of equipment.
MELTING PLANT ENGINEER MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that Plant is running safely and effectively.
- Ensure sufficient Plans in Place to ensure future Reliability of Plant
- Investigate and reduce recurring Plant issues to maximise uptime
- Analysis of Engineering based non standards
- Complete regular reviews of PPM
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments
- Implement plant and process improvements
- Control and Understand Engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with Environmental and safety legislation
- Liaise closely with Maintenance and Operations to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime.
- Identify Cost savings through Plant improvement and Energy savings
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Degree/HNC Preferred or able to demonstrate Technical Proficiency in a Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant Industry.
- Demonstrable Fault finding and Analytical Ability
- Able to coach Maintenance Staff as required on technical Issues
- Ability to identify and plan work to avoid unplanned production outages.
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with Peers and external experts
- Be able to produce technical reports on dangerous occurrences a Plant Incidents
- Manage Purchase orders and payment authorisation
- A sound understanding of complex vacuum systems
- Knowledge of Vacuum Arc furnaces and associated controls
- Knowledge of Plasma arc welding
- Pneumatic Systems.
- Cranes and Lifting Equipment
- A knowledge of heat exchangers and Thermodynamics.
- Be capable of developing risk assessments and method statements.
- Redesign equipment and implement modern Engineering systems/solutions