Automotive Project Engineer/Manager - Apex MA
Job Title: Automotive Project Engineer/Manager
Location: This role is Based in the West Midlands
Role and Responsibilities
Delivering the next generation of Luxury automobiles, the main duty of this role is to bring together numerous departments and stake holders to ensure systems, sub systems or components are delivered on time and within budget.
You will need to be a self-starter that has the knowledge/ability/experience to solve complex problems and bring other Engineers together to resolve these issues.
- A technical knowledge of the manufacture, design and development of automotive systems or subsystems. (for example but not limited to Braking, Suspension, Vehicle dynamics, Powertrain, Electrics, Trim, Body and structures.)
- More than one years (post-graduation) experience Project Managing complex engineering projects.
- A Knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) is essential.
- A Knowledge of CAD.
- Experience of environment.
- The ability to build and manage multiple internal and external relationships, delivering complex components in demanding technical environment.
- Degree/HNC in an Engineering field or significant experience in similar positions.
- Good working knowledge and experience of vehicles, vehicle systems/diagnostics and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential.
- Flexibility & ability to work in fast moving/changing environment.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work to solve complex problems proactively both individually or as part of a team.
- A passion for Cars or Motor Sport.
- Experience of using TeamCenter or similar PLM systems.
- Application of DFMEA, Engineering Specifications and Design Verification Plans (DVP). Proven problem solving skills use of DMAIC tools preferable.
- Experience using AIMS, AIM2, RMDV2, WERS, TeamCenter or a similar PLM system.
- Experience of using MS Project.
- Change Management experience.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).