National Account Manager (Grocery Multiples)
Our client is a successful fresh produce supplier with over 20 years heritage in sourcing, procuring, packing and marketing fresh produce. This organisation values long term relationships and are growing in the right areas at the right time.
They now seek a National Account Manager to manage some of the top multiples in the country alongside discount, convenience and food service sectors. This appointment will suit an up and coming aspiring National Account Manager looking to further and develop their career with a leading supplier in fresh produce.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Plan, manage and develop accounts such as Aldi, Morrisons and Asda, you will also be expected to drive new business within this portfolio.
- Prioritise agreed customer activities and contacts to achieve agreed business objectives , including costs, sales, margin and full P & L responsibility
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and carry out support marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, eg. Product launches, promotions, advertising and exhibitions.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to aid business development
Your skills and competencies will include:
- It is essential that you have experience within the fresh produce industry specifically within own label environment
- A proven track record in the discount and convenience sector
- You will need to be a reasonably robust and resilient character and willing to be flexible in a demanding environment
- You will be commercially astute and comfortable dealing with key stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Comfortable driving new business and able to grow accounts from within
If you feel you are ready for this challenge please contact Richard Howell quoting RH49 together with a current CV and salary package
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.