My client is a long established business with a reputation around the World for Forging and Engineering excellence.
Your role will be to support the head of estimating in fulfilling and maintaining estimation KPI's and to improve the repeatability of manufacturing routes. You will need to show a proven track record within a similar role within the Engineering Industry.
This is a short list of some the main duties:
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Reading and interpreting customer drawings and specifications
- Ensure forge dimensions will allow sufficient material to produce finished part
- Calculation of material yields
- Calculating material sawing times
- Calculation of forge times
- Calculation of machining times
- Costing of any and all testing requirements
- Liaison with subcontractors to obtain external pricing and lead-time
- Creation of purchase orders for external work
- Reviewing and implementing any previous routing change requests or lessons learnt activities
- Production of routing packs to allow manufacturing to take place
- Production of manufacturing drawings
- Investigation of variance to standard route
- Work with other departments to resolve any manufacturing issues as they arise
- Visiting customers, where required, to support the sales team
For a full job description please apply.