Trainer / Assessor
Intertrain (UK) Ltd are recruiting for Trainer / Assessor’s to join our Midlands and Southern Training centres.
The successful candidate who will be NSAR assured and accredited will be required to provide training / assessing for Intertrain’s rail courses and in particular be capable to deliver either SWL 1 and/or SWL 2 Conversion, IWA, COSS (OLP / CRP), PC and ES competencies.
Positions are available either on a contracting or employed basis, depending on the individual’s preference. Either way Intertrain offer very competitive rates in line with the current market and excellent benefits, terms & conditions if the job is taken on employed basis.
Successful candidates will be expected to fulfil the role by providing induction, initial assessment, advice and guidance to all learners enrolled on any Intertrain (UK) Ltd training courses and programmes. To assess learners’ progress and maintain accurate records of assessments of learning carried out, learner journey, achievement and feedback provided.
Other responsibilities to ensure that the role is met will include but is not limited to:
- To plan, conduct and evaluate teaching, learning and assessment activity at training centres throughout the country in line with programme of scheduling.
- To ensure teaching and learning is delivered to the highest standard through quality lesson planning and observations in line with Awarding Bodies, NSAR, Matrix and Intertrain (UK) Ltd Quality Management System (QMS).
- To action areas where capacity to improve has been identified and dealt with in a timely manner.
- To ensure accurate data analysis and reporting, as required, to support the creation of self-assessment reports and Quality Improvement plans.
- To ensure the scheme of work, lesson planning and associated activities are standardised throughout the delivery process.
- To support and participate in the development and SAR, QIP and associated inspections.
- To carry out IQA activity and support the QMS as required and if competent and qualified in this area.
- To ensure Company policies relating to the scope of teaching, learning and assessments are communicated via induction to learners and promoted through teaching and learning delivery i.e. equality of opportunity, health and safety, appeals and complaints.
- To comply with the Health and Safety policy and be aware of good practice in the work environment ensuring that learners work in a safe manner.
- To regularly communicate with learners and clients to maintain good working relationships.
- To promote new business and marketing opportunities of training services and products at every opportunity in the best interests of the organisation.
- To provide regular purposeful reports to employers, apprentices, learners and Intertrain (UK) Ltd so that there is a clear plan of action that is time bound for each learner that allows completion for each learner.
- To work closely with Commercial team at HQ with delivery of training and provision of course materials / packs.
- To attend and participate in regular Area / IQA team meetings to share business information and team updates.
- To support and deputise for Area Manager as required.
- To work closely with in purchasing procedures and limits and preferred suppliers to optimise sales budgets and minimise costs to organisation.
- To ensure that all learning activity reflects the Culture and ethos of the organisation and lead by example to maintain a high standard of professionalism and exemplary conduct.
- To demonstrate a commitment to promoting the safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and young persons in line with Intertrain (UK) Ltd Policy.
To undertake this role the successful applicant must be NSAR accredited and assured and also hold a level 3 teaching and assessing certificate as a minimum. Previous safeguarding and IQA training would be advantageous but this is not essential.