I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant for a role based in Coventry. This is an interesting role working in a particularly high pressured environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Creating new forecast models for 3- year plan -templates and group consolidation of plan - identify areas to query with subsidiaries accountants.
- Create framework for budget- templates and group consolidation of budget
- Ensure budget is uploaded to systems and reconciles.
- Maintain responsibility for chart of accounts and reporting formats.
- Preparing monthly timetable for all payments and group submissions ensuring deadlines are clear.
- Collating group weekly revenue/KPI reports and producing consolidated report.
- Collating group weekly payment/KPI reports and producing consolidated report.
- Preparation of weekly cash forecasts obtaining information from centres.
- Preparation of monthly cash forecasts - 2- year detailed cash-flow.
- Monitoring cash flows on daily, weekly, monthly basis - producing management cash report and investigating variances.
- Highlighting any cash flow issues at any early stage and making suggestions for resolution.
- Preparing accounts for the head office companies.
- Calculating recharges to operating and development companies.
- Acting as lead on payroll & pensions liaising with HR, tax compliance.
- Oversee processing payroll payments weekly and monthly in accordance with information received from operating and development divisions.
- Ensuring all PAYE payments are made.
- Oversee processing payments in accordance with information received from operating and development divisions ensuring all are presented properly for bank sign off and rejecting any unapproved payments liaising with subsidiaries' accountants.
- Producing consolidated management accounts for each division (OPCO and developments) and the group.
- Acting as lead on audit and controls compliance.
- Ensuring balance sheet controls are reconciled across the group.
- Ensuring all VAT returns have been submitted for property companies and any required VAT payments made.
- Producing directors reports for wages and management information - liaising with centres to investigate centre to centre discrepancies.
- Reconciling bank accounts for head office companies and group companies.
- Oversee controlling the issuance and posting of company credit cards.
- Checking set up of new suppliers
- Oversee PTC reconciliation.
- Ensure processes for handling of cash have sufficient controls and any cash kept and handled securely.
- Ensuring group inter- company balances are zero.
- Ensuring valuation models are kept up to date.
- Overseeing sinking fund expenditure and ensuring requirements keep within cashflows
- Approving PO's for cashflow HO and group and liaising with local accountants to control cashflows.
- Ensure bank accounts are funded to cover any outgoing payments.
Type of candidate:
- Reporting to Group Financial Controller
- Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
- Advanced level excel and interest in systems
- VAT on property and construction useful