Automotive Maintenance Manager
Are you seeking a new rewarding career where you are able to use your skills to best advantage?
Do you long to work for a company where you are treated as an individual not just a number?
If so please read on as we have an amazing unique opportunity for an Automotive Maintenance Engineer.
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
Hourly rate: Competitive
This is an exciting time for our client as the business has seen significant growth over the last few years and more recently completed some valuable acquisitions to greater support expansion. We are looking for an exceptional Maintenance Manager to lead our Maintenance team in Redditch.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for delivering the vision of the engineering function to support the Redditch operational business requirements. The main responsibilities will be based around ensuring equipment and facilities maintenance is completed to a high standard and machine availability is maximized and all compliance standards are met at all times. This includes the management and timely implementation of permanent corrective actions against all causes of failure and ensuring equipment life is maximized while achieving optimum value for money.
As the Maintenance Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of health & safety.
- Ensures all engineering and maintenance activities on site exceed the appropriate health and safety standards.
- Put in place and ensure delivery of a skills training plan reviewed and updated annually.
- To lead the engineering team in the development and implementation of the site Engineering Planned Maintenance (PM) strategy.
- This will be instrumental in supporting the Engineering transformation, in moving from a reactive to proactive and predictable way of working in engineering.
- To lead the engineering reliability team in development of planned maintenance schedules and develop robust relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to continually challenge schedules and develop effective future schedules.
- To lead the engineering team in implementation of a strategy to return the Manufacturing Assets line by line, 'to their original operating conditions, by a matrix management approach with manufacturing.
- To lead the definition and implementation of a predictive maintenance strategy by using modern maintenance practices to reduce the level of intrusive maintenance, through Condition Based Monitoring, Thermography and Oil analysis.
- To lead the definition and implementation of systems to support the Loss Ownership process, executing PM plans to deliver the asset mechanical performance, by utilising technical abilities and systems knowledge to achieve high plant efficiency.
- To lead the engineering team in the identification of daily maintenance type activities to manufacturing through operators and technical operators, for delivery through the autonomous maintenance team e.g. 5’s Cleaning, Lubrication and simple mechanical maintenance tasks.
- To build robust relationships key with stakeholders, providing engagement, education and awareness for the Planned and Preventative Maintenance processes.
- To lead the Engineering Reliability team in defining the critical assets and assess the critical spare parts listings for the equipment, whilst ensuring obsolesce programmes for spare parts are in place.
- Design CBM/GBM (Condition Based Monitoring/Grid Based Maintenance) together with transition schedule for internal integration at agreed date.
- Management of all Key contractors integral to support site reliability.
- Develop standardisation of parts used and develop part replacement programme which exists "within" lead times.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies and standards are implemented and adhered to while ensuring regional, national and local legislative requirements are met by the site engineering function and any external services/contractors utilised by engineering.
- Responsible for management and delivery of the weekly Maintenance works schedule and any urgent work that arises, where necessary resetting the daily priorities ensuring the plant operation is fully supported and output is not impacted due to engineering issues. This includes managing and controlling all day to day maintenance activities on site delivered by either in house engineers or contract support.
- Deliver the site maintenance asset care programme. Ensuring its effectiveness and efficient delivery measured through the use of standard KPIs
- Develop a plan and timeline to eliminate emergency repair work, and maximize planned and project work ensuring the preventative maintenance plan is delivered as scheduled.
- Responsible for people performance and development this includes
- Regular engagement with team members to review performance
- Coach and develop direct reports
- Carry out regular skills analysis
- Oversee the spare parts inventory holding ensuring it optimised to minimize equipment downtime at minimum inventory levels. Ensure that the inventory is secured, strategically located for end use, fit for purpose when issued and regularly reviewed against site requirements.
- Manage the maintenance department budget to detail spending by category, and maximize expenditure effectiveness for minimum unplanned production downtime and maximum workplace efficiency.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of the, technical skills and experience and personal and technical competencies outlined as follows:
- Strong computer and manufacturing simulation skills
- Allen Bradley & Siemens PLC's
- understanding of PLC's and drives
- On Call availability / responsibility
- Automotive or similar industry experience will be advantageous.
Don't Delay...Apply Today!