PA - Real Estate
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face - both today and tomorrow.
About the Team
Our residential development experts are helping to meet the UK's urgent need for new homes. A trusted adviser to a number of top 10 developers and housebuilders, we are renowned for leading on high-value, complex projects. Strong relationships with the land buyers means we are skilled in helping them to negotiate, structure and deliver deals quickly and accurately.
Main Purpose of the Job
A position has arisen at PA level within the Real Estate Group, to provide secretarial and administrative support.
Providing fee earners with the administrative support needed to provide seamless legal services to clients. Be proactively involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their fee earners’ day-to-day workload by providing exceptional and proactive administrative support. Act as workflow manager for other support services including delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work. Take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements to provide exceptional service levels to fee earners and clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding fee earners of meetings etc on a daily basis. Ensure critical date diaries are up to date and circulate to team.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings etc and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Coordinate travel arrangements in the UK and internationally, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details/papers/itineraries.
- Arrange photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing, e-filing, scanning requirements and record keeping.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
- Good working knowledge of the property process and terminology with an ability to carry out property searches and enquiries and liaison with appropriate authorities, preparation of completion statements, reports on title, leases and conveyances and property forms.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner. Ensure that all client-related correspondence is passed on to the appropriate fee earner and follow up to ensure that matters are dealt with proactively if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Monitor post and/or emails and deal with as appropriate. Respond to routine queries using own initiative.
- Manage outbound correspondence with supporting documentation.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of fee earners as required.
- Liaise with the Group Coordinator over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
- Coordinate correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, etc produced by the DPC team before they are passed to the relevant fee earner for approval/sign off and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate.
- Type short correspondence and emails when required.
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Coordinate the billing process and assist fee earners in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the fee earner and accounts and to produce financial/time reports through the system. Be aware of any service level agreements or arrangements with clients requiring bespoke billing information.
- Be competent in the delivery of more complex client reporting as and when required.
- Liaise with finance and cash functions as appropriate.