Customer Service Representative - Shrewsbury
For more than 40 years MAXIMUS has worked with governments, employers and healthcare practitioners around the world to provide critical health and employment support for people that need it most.
The Health Assessment Advisory Service run by Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) performs assessments, including Work Capability Assessments, in England, Scotland and Wales for Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The purpose of Work Capability Assessments is to understand how long-term illness or disability affects people’s ability to work arranges and carries out assessments for DWP. The purpose of the assessment is to understand how an illness or disability affects a person’s daily life. After the assessment, DWP makes the decision as to whether the individual will receive any benefits.
We are looking for a friendly and patient Customer Service Representitive to work in our customer facing site in Shrewsbury this role will be a mixture of Admin and Customer Service.
- Assists customers with completion of forms including expense claims.
- Prepares and maintains rooms and equipment to ensure they are ready for the Medical Practitioner and customers.
- Works with other teams, team leaders and medical practitioners to ensure cohesion within unit and work flow progression.
- Uses in-house computer system to update records accurately.
- Provides cover at other sites on occasion.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Demonstrable experience in an administrative or customer service position.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills; able to communicate with stakeholders, on a day to day basis, in a clear, caring and professional manner.
- Clear attention to details in relation to office administration duties, e.g. updating spread sheets with clear and accurate information.
- Ability to manage filing in a clear and logical structure to ensure relevant information is documented in a consistent manner.
- Able to demonstrate prioritisation skills when multi-tasking.
- Ability to deliver work to set targets and specified standards.
- Self-motivated: able to work unsupervised and uses own initiative.
- Demonstrate a positive enthusiastic approach to solve problems.
- Proven ability to make logical and solid decisions