Merchandiser - Birmingham
Merchandiser - Birmingham
Oliver William Recruitment are looking for a Merchandiser to join an exciting, internationally renowned manufacturing company within the fashion industry on a permanent basis.
Our client is looking for an experienced Merchandiser who has the following attributes: a great deal of accuracy, good organisational skills, excellent communication skills, a strong eye for detail, and who has experience working as an integral part of a team between sales/product development and the customer.
As a Merchandiser, your roll will include:
- Liaising with our Far East office to place and track orders. Feeding back customer comments and information about orders so that vendors can improve and progress.
- Working closely with account managers and our QC team to monitor and prevent any potential issues, and to ensure orders run smoothly and are delivered on time.
- Log any important correspondence on an order spreadsheet to track orders and customer feedback. Keep a record of sample approvals and testing details, as well as shipping schedules and key dates.
- Work closely with customers and become confident in working with them to confirm orders and discuss schedules and order details. Feedback to customers on schedules and order details using critical paths and key date plans.
- Become proficient in using both in-house systems, and customer’s online portals such as B2B, PLM, EDItrack software to print orders, upload product comments, shipments etc. Use our in-house stock system for stock enquiry, keying on customer sales orders on to our stock monitoring system which is excel based. Checking that details on customer software matches to the information provided.
- Take part in daily / weekly catch ups, reporting back to the team on current issues and discussing potential solutions to these issues. Taking part in daily/ weekly skype with our Hong Kong office to discuss any issues and to monitor outstanding orders.
- Liaise with our shipping department in Hong Kong to ensure all bookings are made with the relevant forwarders and that the orders are shipped on time. It is critical to the business that we achieve the delivery schedules as requested by the customer.
This is a full time, permanentposition between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and the company is looking to pay a very competitive salary.
If you have the necessary language skills and this sounds like the perfect Merchandiser role for you, please submit your application ASAP.