Be the best you can be as a
How will you make a difference?
Here's the short answer;
At Asda, one of our top priorities is the safety and security of our colleagues and customers. From conducting internal and external patrols to carrying out vehicle checks, Security Colleagues play a vital role in safeguarding people and protecting our business.
The things you’ll be doing, day to day:
With so much going on and so many people coming and going at an Asda store, day and night, Security Colleagues keep a constant watch through continuous patrols and checks.
- Outside the store you’ll be walking round all exterior areas including car parks checking for any damage, signs of break-ins, tampering with cash point machines etc while keeping an eye on walls, fences, doors and gates
- Inside the store you’ll patrol every area and department, front and back, on a regular basis, but also look out for any other problems or issues
- Record your patrol and discuss it with the Admin Manager to rectify any issues that have arisen
- Carry out daily checks on fire doors, clear any obstructions and maintain the Fire Door records
- Random spot checks have to be carried out on colleagues and visitors as a precaution theft. These are done by a manager, with you acting as a witness and recording the details
- You’ll conduct spot checks on vehicles in the warehouse yard, with the driver present
- Other spot checks will include ensuring paperwork and processes are properly completed in areas such as claims & returns, waste management and lost property
Being the best you can be, every day
Helping customers feel secure is all part of the great Asda service they love. Great service and high personal standards go hand in hand. So every day you’ll be expected to look the part through a smart appearance, and play the part in a warm, friendly and professional way. There’s always a lot to learn about your job and how to do it to the best of your ability, and we’ll help you do just that with ongoing training and close support.
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.