Strategic Account Manager
- Uk wide provider of work-based learning and apprenticeship services to employers of all shapes and sizes.
- Have a requirement for a Strategic Account Manager to be the primary relationship holder with one of their largest and most complex clients, and have responsibility for ensuring that their needs are met. You will be accountable for the contract targets, profitability and growth and quality & audit performance as well as managing up the team of operators and account managers within the support functions remit.
- Individuals with Experience of managing client contracts within the skills sector, worth in excess of £4 million per year (either as one contract or as a combination of contracts at one time), including acting as the key relationship holder are required.
Reporting to the Solutions Director the Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for managing our largest and most complex client, including all aspects of delivery. You will assume responsibility for the implementation for the plans to go-live with the client, and manage ongoing performance;
Specifically, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring that the employer’s (client’s) needs are met with respect to our service offering by acting as the single accountable person for a client as well as ongoing project support.
- That the account is managed in line with budget targets and P&L forecasts (including strategic growth of a strategic account in line with organisational strategy);
- Ensuring we deliver against our proposals and contracts and standard service offering by managing our operational teams, including);
- Line managing our learning and development staff (and where the account is large enough, other operational roles such as a performance manager) to ensure the right teaching resource is available for the employer’s learners;
- Depending on the size of the account, line managing one or more Account Managers to support on executing the priorities;
- Working with (but not line managing) our supply chain members to the extent that provision is sub-contracted;
- Working with (but not line managing) other internal teams such as commercials, systems, marketing, recruitment and sales delivery as appropriate.
- Ensure that the client is delighted with our overall service provision, and that this is reflected in key satisfaction measures;
- Ensure that our approach to quality is strictly adhered to, including that our policies and procedures are followed, key performance metrics for learners are achieved (in conjunction with our operations and supply chain teams) and our work would exceed the expectations of external quality benchmarks such as those of Ofsted.
Progress will be reported internally against defined KPIs.
The Strategic Account Manager will also be responsible for providing a forward looking view of probable revenue from the key account to enable robust forecasting and appropriate resource planning, liaising closely with the finance business partner and key executives.
The Strategic Account Managers will also (depending on client needs) be required to work with our Operations team to source learning and development staff resources where the commercial
Educated to a bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, and 3+ years of relevant work experience or 5+ years of work experience in lieu
Experience of managing client contracts worth in excess of £4 million per year (either as one contract or as a combination of contracts at one time), including acting as the key relationship holder.
Knowledge and experience of government funded skills (including apprenticeships)/employment programmes is desirable, but by no means required. We will look to create teams that have a range of experiences.
- Business and Financial Management: Able to manage a budget and P&L within defined financial parameters attaining best value for money, and provide sufficient information to develop forward looking views
- People Management: Being able to both deliver strong line management and leadership of staff, as well as be able to manage by influence and relationships to achieve outcomes for clients.
- The successful candidate will thrive in people-orientated environments, and an ability to maintain strong relationships will be key.
- Training & Development: Able to drive performance and identify training needs and continuous personal development across the delivery team.
- Risk Management: Analyses contract performance, identifying risks before taking mitigating
actions to ensure strong financial performance.