Contracts Manager/Project Manager - Curtain walling / Glazing
Our client who offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager.
This is a permanent role, mainly running projects on site in London although you will be required to work from the companies offices in the West Midlands region. Candidates based from the Midlands area are ideal.
You will be responsible for the running of a number of contracts at any one time, from the receipt of the order through to the handover and completion.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered against budget and timescale.
- Leading and managing Project teams on the projects under your control.
- Reporting to Directors on progress / programme / and cost control on allocated projects.
- Overseeing design and attending design meetings, as necessary.
- Procurement of sub-contract packages up to specified value in conjunction with QS.
- Assisting the Production Department in dealing with suppliers, as necessary.
- Ensuring close coordination and communication with Main Contractor/Architect/Client/ Subcontractor.
- To ensure all site related Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and issued.
- Manage own workload and areas of responsibility.
- Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors’ applications; ensuring correct documentation is in place and in line with budget/order.
- Agreeing and finalising sub contract/supplier accounts in conjunction with QS.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Construction Management.
- NVQ Level 6 Construction Contracting Operations would be an advantage.
- Current SMSTS/CSCS essential.
- Façade experience including curtain walling and windows and doors.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects with values of £6m and above.
- Strong client interface.
- Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect.
- High degree of initiative.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Building Envelope experience.
Design background desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader within the external facade industry. Excellent salaries/package on offer.
Contracts Manager / Building Envelope / Curtain walling / Glazing / SMSTS
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/74925471