Job Title: Sales Assistant
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 5DJ
Salary: £16K - £22K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent, Alternate Saturday working
An experienced Sales Assistant is required to join a family run builder`s merchant which has been supplying building and landscaping materials to trade and the public for over 100 years.
They have 9 branches across the Midlands which stock a vast array of products from luxury kitchens and bathrooms to timber and insulation. They are looking for an experienced Sales Assistant to join their growing team.
Overall Scope of Position
The Sales Assistant will work as part of a team serving trade and retail customers. They will be required to promote, improve and increase profitable sales for the Company through excellent customer service. They will also be involved in stock checks and stock ordering and will be required to improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and displayed.
- Ensure that all customers are served in a prompt and efficient manner
- Achieve profitable sales, maximising margins, understanding customer needs and sourcing product in the most effective manner where applicable
- Having an awareness at all times of Company procedures and pricing policies
- Provide an after-sales service to customers where necessary
- To assist in maintaining stock levels and good housekeeping on all stocked items
- To react promptly and accurately to all tenders, quotations and estimates in accordance with Company pricing policies and procedures
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and displayed and generally keep aware of products available in the market place
- To ensure an awareness at all times of Health & Safety procedures & best practise
- To have an awareness at all times of fraudulent purchases/theft/security
- Any other reasonable duties associated with this position
- A high level of self-motivation
- Strong level of product knowledge
- Ability to work alone and as part of a Sales Team
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- Achieve sales targets, understand and maintain profit margins
- To have persistence to ensure objectives are met
- Computer literate
- Smart Appearance
- To share a responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
- Prioritise work and maintain tidy and organised work area/records
The above job description is designed to indicate the general scope of the role and will be subject to periodic review and amendments.
Tippers is a family run Builders Merchants providing quality building materials for trade and DIY customers from 7 branches across the Midlands. We aim to be the complete one-stop shop with an extensive showroom, supplying a wide range of quality building materials from leading manufacturers designed to suit all your building needs.
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on "APPLY" today and send an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please!