Trainee Tool Setter
Gi Group are looking to recruit a Trainee Tool Setter to work for our client who are based in Ashbourne for a company who are a manufacturer of bespoke vacuum and pressure formed plastic packaging.
The main purpose is:
- To ensure that all machine sets are completed promptly and to the correct tolerances
- To ensure that non conforming raw material and finished product incidents are recorded and followed through, coordinating with shift supervision to ensure that the correct process is followed
- To ensure that safe and legal products are manufactured in accordance with the BRC / lOP Global standard for packaging materials
- Proactive involvement in production improvement initiatives
- To ensure that the product meets customer requirements in terms of quality and schedule requirements.
- To work in a safe manner, wearing correct PPE as appropriate.
- Requirement to coordinate machine sets to ensure the optimisation of machines.
- Utilisation of machine defects reporting system, involving senior management as required.
- Monitor Tooling storage and arrange for relocation in deep storage in high racking as required.
- Assist with machine breakdowns - fault finding and rectification if possible, subject to appropriate skill set and qualifications.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 6am until 2pm and 2pm until 10pm on a rotating basis, also you must have your own transport due to the location.
Please apply today by calling Laura palmer on today.