Technical Support Engineer - Birmingham
Currently celebrating 35 years of innovation and unprecedented growth, tna are working with some of the most prestigious names in the food industry to supply integrated food processing and packaging solutions that deliver long term benefits to our customers. Employing over 500 people in 30 locations around the world, our forward-thinking technology is taking us on a journey to provide the ultimate in food packaging solutions, everywhere. We are looking for additional team members to join us on that journey.
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer to be based in our Birmingham office with responsibility for carrying out product trials, installations, commissioning, maintenance and on-going support at client sites. Specific responsibilities will include;
- Provision of first, second and third line support in respect to customer queries and/or breakdowns
- Attending to customer’s request for technical assistance either by phone or site visits within agreed timeframes
- Generation of reports on all service visits and technical issues
- Working to support the Sales and Project Management teams on prospective capital investment and future installations
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for candidates with previous field engineering experience with a focus on repair and testing of electronic and mechanical equipment, ideally with some exposure to software issues. Also important are:
- An ONC, HNC or other relevant qualification in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office products and AutoCAD
- Highly customer focused with a collaborative approach to resolving problems
- A team player, aligned to tna’s core values and culture which include being passionate, professional, committed, honest, acting with integrity and treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Flexibility and willingness to travel both within the UK, Europe and overseas
- Exposure to the manufacturing industry (specifically food and packaging) would be highly desirable, but not essential
What does tna offer me?
- The opportunity of working in a truly multicultural and diverse environment
- Rapidly expanding global business encouraging personal and professional growth and advancement
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Comprehensive, country specific benefits packages
- Paid holidays
Does tna sound like an environment you would thrive in? Then please apply by submitting your CV.
We regret to inform you that we can only accept candidates with permission to work in the UK and able to travel freely across other European countries as required.
Due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
At this stage, we are not accepting introductions from Agencies.