Venue General Manager
A dynamic, multi-purpose venue is looking to recruit a General Manager to join their growing team. The purpose of the role is to maximise the occupancy and return on investment of the venue through marketing whilst developing and sustaining an excellent customer experience with all hirers and users of the facilities. To build and maintain strong relationships with key stake-holders, patrons, sponsors, entertainers and the wider community and businesses.
- With support from the commercial team, develop and market the business, opening up new revenue streams from private hire.
- Ensure strong, sustained, timely and effective marketing across all appropriate channels to private and community hirers both B2B and B2C.
- Plan, negotiate and manage the hire of acts for the programme setting and managing budget for programming to maximise revenue and minimise financial risk.
- Develop, and maintain an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the venue.
- Line management of Business Development Manager, Finance Manager, Technical/Operations Manager, Bar/FOH Manager to ensure smooth running of venue.
- Regularly review and determine the resourcing requirements for organisational management and delivery of the operational plan.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job descriptions for all staff, and performance management process.
- With support from the Business Development Manager and Finance Manager, overall responsibility for the financial management of the venue, ensuring budgets are set and approved, programming is fully-costed and cash flow is maintained.
- Oversee all arrangements for the provision of a bar, including fiscal responsibility for bar stock levels and apply for and maintain all licences and permits that are required.
- Proven experience working as a General/Operations Manager within a Theatre or Venue.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys meeting potential clients and negotiating with them in an enthusiastic and motivated manner.
- Excellent administration, budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously.
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.