Principal Associate Transport Planner
Job title: Principal/Associate Transport Planner
Salary: £40K - £52K
We are looking for Principal/Associate level transport planners to join our southern transport planning team due to expanding workload in the Midlands and a new office in London.
You will be involved with the assessment of the transportation needs relating to clients' development proposals. You will work towards solutions which are acceptable to all stakeholders. You will be working with a strong, growing and varied portfolio of clients and the ability to articulate and communicate planning ideas, concepts and proposals is essential.
Working as part of a highly motivated team, you will assume a diverse range of challenging assignments, which will enhance and develop your skills in:
1. Providing planning-stage support for a variety of development schemes
2. Preparation of technical assessment documents and reports for planning submissions
3. Technical assessments of junction performance using a range of industry-standard traffic modelling software
4. The drafting of Travel Plans and sustainability assessments
5. General arrangement design work for new junctions and accesses onto the road network
6. Attending project meetings and conducting on-site visits
7. Attending Planning Appeals/Public Inquiries etc.
8. Client liaison/business development
9. Mentoring of junior staff
10. Attending public consultation events.
1. You will have strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills and a client-focussed approach to your work.
2. Competence in the use of TRICS, TEMPRO, Junctions8/9 (ARCADY/PICADY) and preferably LinSig3. Significant experience of writing Transport Assessments / Statements and Travel Plans is essential with knowledge of both local authority and highway authority processes and procedures.