SO Planning Lead
SO Planning Lead
Initial 3 Months
Large Utilities Company
Responsible for working with all members of the SO Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver the SO Entity Operating Plan, whilst ensuring alignment with the UK Operating Plan and associated process. Responsible for the on-going performance measurement of the Plan, delivering the required reporting into UK Performance Committees, including the UK QPR with the CEO. Lead the development and delivery of the SO Policy Deployment Matrix to ensure a robust and transparent transformation plan is in place.
- Extensive experience of dealing with a variety of stakeholders and the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Experience of leading projects/changes in order to deliver project outcomes
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal), have the ability to articulate strategic & sometimes complex messages simply for the reader
- Has a detailed knowledge and understanding of the SO Business and the strategic context within which we operate.
- Accountable for working with members of the SO Senior Leadership team, including the Entity Director, to develop and deliver the SO Entity Operating Plan. This process will include the quarterly updating of the Plan following the relevant performance meetings with Executive members across the UK Business.
- To ensure that the Operating Plan for SO is in line with the UK Business Plan, and interface closely with the UK Business Planning process to provide input and challenge, and ensure cohesion with the Operating Plan.
- Own the Operating plan and ensure it's continuous optimisation ensuring that it is up-to-date and reflects the as-is situation, and communicate with workforce planning to ensure that workforce planning supports the implementation of the Operating Plan
- To develop the content and messaging for the UK quarterly performance review processes of the operating plan in order to ensure the SO entity is able to report on progress, raise risks and manage issues to the CEO.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the SO Policy Deployment Matrix (PDM) across the entity, ensuring that it is consistent with the Operating Plan, and establishing control and monitoring procedures to ensure its continued improvement.
- To define the SO PDM tracking process, providing technical expertise where required, to ensure that the PDM is monitored and any issues are escalated as necessary.
- To share knowledge and coach the technical development of other members of the team, ensuring that the knowledge and skills are being transferred across the team