Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Infection Prevention & Control Lead to join their team of staff in the Special Nursing department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner)
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Specialist knowledge and significant experience in IPC which is evidenced
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff
- Ability to work across disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Motivational skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations
- Ability to provide or/and support staff in feedback of microbiological results
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To ensure infection prevention is taken into account in all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- To ensure compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- To be a core member of the Hospital IPC committee (HIPCC).
- To develop in partnership with the senior person responsible for IPC (Director of Clinical Services (DCS) and with approval of the HIPCC, an annual program, that is aligned to the HCAI code (DH 2010) (plus for Scottish and Welsh hospitals: NHS Scotland Code of Practice and National HCAI strategy for hospitals in Wales) and reflects specific objectives of BMI National Infection Prevention and Control annual programme.
- Depending on level of competency the role holder will be the key implementer of the Hospital IPC programme.
- Utilises and works in partnership with the local Infection Control Doctor (ICD) ensuring that the service level agreement is appropriate for the hospital size, activity levels and complexity.
- To ensure risks of infection are identified throughout all hospital departments and disciplines and risk assessments are in place reflecting controls that are reviewed at least annually and as otherwise indicated.
- To ensure local infection control policies reflect corporate policies, writing local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as appropriate, and liaise with departmental heads to ensure these are implemented.
- To ensure all staff have appropriate infection prevention and control training using a combination of online and face to face training.
- To implement and maintain a continuous hand hygiene improvement programme.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.