External Sales - Electrical Wholesale
Job Title: External Sales - Electrical Wholesale £40K inc of OTE
Job Ref: ERS-456
Selling: Electrical Wholesale products
Our client is a technical distributor for control and automation products. They specialise in providing customers with the very best service and are now looking to recruit an External Sales person to join their team based in Derby.
• Effective territory planning to maximise customer contact, proactive telephone canvassing and a call rate of 16 customer visits per week is expected, reported weekly and accurately.
• Achieving sales targets (turnover & profitability)
• To generate new trading accounts
• Conduct sales calls, ensuring that customer’s needs are explored extensively.
• Ensure that all business systems and CRM sales reporting requirements are updated accurately on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with all franchise partners to ensure continual awareness of new and updated products, and keeping customers informed of new products.
• Keep accurate contacts on the CRM system, making customers aware of events and by attending seminars, product launches and other marketing events.
• Presenting to various audiences on a range of subjects, including product demonstrations, services and commercial overviews.
• Remain customer focused with a can-do attitude.
• Take ownership and responsibility of customer issues to bring them to satisfactory conclusion.
• Be accountable for personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with the core competencies and learning and development framework
• A good standard of education is required, particularly in Maths & English.
• To effectively handle the technical requirements of this position, Sales Engineers should have a good level of technical understanding, ideally qualified to ONC level in electrical engineering. Sales engineers without this level of qualification and QBE will be subject to technical knowledge testing.
• Influencing and motivational skills are critical requirements for the role.
• The job requires the ability to finish projects and take tasks through to their natural conclusion.
• Good day to day planning capabilities are an essential for satisfactory performance
• Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important for long term success
• Previous experience within a commercial / business to business sales environment is essential, preferably within a manufacturing environment
If you feel you match the criteria for this role, please apply now or call to discuss further.
ERS (UK) Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency in the Electrical Wholesale sector. We currently partner a host of electrical wholesale clients throughout the UK. Due to our industry experience we are extremely well placed to research and make the best possible match between the needs of our clients and the requirements of our candidates. We achieve this through hard work, professionalism and diligence combined with an extensive network of contacts across the industry. With over 20 years experience in recruiting, we are able to source the highest calibre candidates for our clients whilst ensuring that candidates are kept well informed during the recruiting process. We have an enviable reputation in the industry for delivering a first class service to both clients and candidates alike. To view Testimonials of the service we deliver, please visit the website.