Casual Minibus Drivers
Our vision is of a sustainable and enterprising organisation working with local communities to meet needs and create opportunities.
To bring people and opportunities together to help transform lives and build better communities.
Excellence. Engagement. Ethical. Equality. Enterprise
From our founder creating grass roots in the local community, through supporting those who most needed it, fast forward 50 years and we are an integral part of numerous communities with our team of over 150 employees and volunteers. We provide affordable furniture and household goods, accessible transport and are continuously up-skilling the community with training.
But we don’t intend on stopping there! We are reaching further to support more people than ever before.
To drive our minibuses and transport passengers, from groups for a great day out to individuals receiving life-saving treatment, in a safe, responsible, respectful and friendly way, providing assistance when required. Other key role accountabilities;
*Operate and maintain vehicle equipment, such as lifts, ramps, steps, radios, wheelchair harnesses and restraints and cab heaters, the removal and replacement of seating where necessary etc, in a safe and proper manner.
*Our passenger safety is paramount, ensuring all are embarked, carried and disembarked to the highest quality. That appropriate seat belts and when required child seats are used at all times, when the vehicle is in motion and that any wheelchairs, frames, oxygen cylinders, luggage and goods are properly and safely restrained.
*Being flexible to ensure we can operate and support when required is key to our success. Working at short notice and on occasion, unsocial hours including evenings and weekend and supporting passenger assistants and good vehicles and support on an ad hoc basis.
*If and where the service dictates, to operate the Mobisoft/Trapeze journey information and routing system, collect passenger fares, record concessions and issue tickets.
*Support in gathering monitoring data as required by the service commissioners.
*Ensure schedules are followed and paperwork relating to each trip is completed within the current working day.
*To understand and abide with meeting all the legal requirements of the road traffic regulations, domestic driving rules and road transport legislation. Ensuring all of our requirements for drivers in relation to vehicle maintenance, safety, fare collection and data recording is met.
* Taking pride and care of all vehicles, ensuring both inside and out are cleaned and presentable.
* Reporting any defect or damage to your manager, using the companies reporting procedure, current legislation and community transport policies.
* Taking pride in promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities;
valuing and managing diversity in all areas of one’s work.
* Being responsible for ensuring and achieving the objectives of the companies Health & Safety policy. Complying with the policies and procedures as contained in the Safe Driver and Employee Handbooks and any other duties to meet your team and organization objectives following consultation with your manager.
Essential skills / training;
* Current driving licence with D1 (101) entitlement, as shown on the back of your driving licence (max. 3 points)
* Experience of driving minibuses and/or larger vehicles
* Resilient and able to perform in a pressurised environment whilst acting as a influential team player
* Ability to respect client confidentiality
* Motivated to work towards creating a safe, open and trusting environment
* Awareness of Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Issues and the boundaries of professional relationships
* Being prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business including unsocial hours, such as weekends, mornings and evenings
* Satisfactory DBS enhanced disclosure check
Desirable skills / training;
Education to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (or a willingness to work towards)
Experience of working in the voluntary sector
Experience of cash handling
Experience of working on a demand responsive transport service or commercial bus service
What we can offer a successful candidate;
£8.13 per hour inc holiday pay
? Working within a fulfilling role with a great team atmosphere
? Comprehensive training in;
o All aspects of loading and unloading
o Assessment and training to MiDAS standards
o Manual handling
o Awareness of safeguarding issues for children and vulnerable adults
o First aid
o Emergency evacuation from a minibus
o Use of electronic information and routing systems (Mobisoft/Trapeze