Business Analyst - IT - Insurance Sector
Are you an experienced IT Business Analyst with a background that includes the insurance sector, and the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders from requirements gathering through to implementation?
We are currently representing an outstanding opportunity to join a world leader in financial services software as an IT Business Analyst. They are considering people at varying levels of experience.
Based from their West Midlands office, near to Birmingham, you will be working with major insurance customers in an external facing role to gather requirements, identify solutions and support them during implementation. As such the role will require travel to customer sites in the UK and, on occasion, internationally.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will play a crucial part in representing their company values and in helping them achieve their clear vision to be the undisputed leading provider of technology software within their sector.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering information through Customer/User/Internal Staff interface and translating the requirements into straightforward business and project documents
- Identifying solutions to business issues and opportunities
- Supporting the customer during the implementation of packaged applications
- Contributing to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle. (E.g. Customer Proposals, GAP analysis, Requirements Definition, and Internal and External Design.)
- Participating in the Client implementation and installation processes
- Developing, writing and executing system test scripts and participation in internal quality reviews
- Preparing system documentation and liaising with Development teams as required
- Providing input to project estimates
- Mentoring and guiding more junior members of the Business Analysis team (if joining in a senior role)
We will look for the following experience from you:
- Strong and recent knowledge of the insurance industry (general insurance or broker) and its processes and procedures gained through direct experience.
- Proven BA experience: from business requirement gathering, business requirement documentation, delivering functional specifications, traceability through to involvement in implementation.
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Demonstrable aptitude for analysing application problems and the building of solutions.
- An understanding the phases of the development life cycle and how they are related
- Familiarity with development of data flow diagrams and entity-relationship diagrams
- Direct experience of at least one insurance-related application
- Have demonstrated a working knowledge of the following concepts/skills
- Process Mapping (current and future state)
- Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
- Other UML techniques
- General insurance principles
A great package is available for the right candidate, alongside excellent career prospects within an environment that promotes the learning and development of all of their staff.
To register your interest, please submit your CV via this advert to OCC Computer Personnel.