Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Biased)
Shift: Days (7am - 5:50pm)
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire
Salary: £30,000pa - £35,000pa + Bonus
We are currently recruiting for a large concrete manufacturing company based in Evesham who are looking for a skilled maintenance engineer to join there already established team due to continued growth. We are looking for someone who can carry out routine preplanned preventative maintenance as per written maintenance schedules for all machinery and sundry items. Initiate repairs to plant and machinery in a responsive manner, in order to ensure continuity of production. Produce work in line with the necessary Statutory standards & Acops i.e PUWER, LOLOR, and perpetrations & maintenance of steels moulds
Key Skills & Experience
The maintenance engineer who will be successful in this position will be able to:
· Weld parts and make repairs ( Mig / Tig / MMA / FCAW)
· Undertake Preventative preplanned maintenance schedules
· Repair broken or damaged parts using welding, cutting, drilling and soldering equipment.
· Inspect machinery to diagnose current or potential faults for continuous improvement
· Promptly react to breakdowns or fault to ensure minimum down time
· Produce relevant risk assessments and safe operating procedures
· Maintain high standard of 5S’s housekeeping and environmental management
· Deliver on the TPM plant improvement initiatives
· Use hand and power tools to dismantle machinery & equipment to access and rectify issues
· Precisely measure parts, including mouldings to detect wear, imperfections and misalignment
· Understand and use schematics and technical drawings
· Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drives, hydraulics, pneumatics or electrics
· Realign and adjust functional components, such as chains, ropes, sensors and belts, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
· Start and test machinery and equipment following repairs.
· Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
· Install and repair any apparatus, pipe work, electrical system, machinery or equipment, solely; where practicable, or as part of a team.
· Improve existing systems of work, designs or materials to further improve the efficiency of the factory.
· Ensure a stock of necessary parts is carried, to reduce any downtime.
· May initiate purchase order for parts, equipment and call on outside expert advice and help.
· Keep records of all work carried out and problems encountered both on paper and on computer.
· Organise with management any major works and labour needed to carry these out.
Our client is looking for someone who is a team player but is confident in their own ability to be able to work on jobs independently. You must be able to organise your own workload and communicate effectively with the team required parts and labour requirements on each job.
You must be able to drive for this position as there are no public transport links.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes above then, please contact Sam Kerby @ Am2Pm or Click apply now.