Golf Course Labourer
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Golf Course Labourer on a fixed term basis until October for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
The Golf Course Labourer is to undertake general course maintenance on a daily basis under the management of the Head Greenkeeper to ensure that the site is well kept throughout the golfing season.
Scope of the Role:
- Maintain the courses to come in line with The Belfry Hotel & Resort brand standards
- Undertake regular strimming and Flymo duties on a regular basis; you will be required to operate the relevant machinery in line with Health and Safety standards.
- To undertake general mowing duties on a daily basis once competent including Greens, Tees, Fairways, Rough and Semi Rough areas to the required standards.
- Ensure fantastic customer service when in contact with guests around the Resort.
- Although we do try to give all of our employees a good work life balance you may be required to work some evenings and weekends in this role.
- THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST
The job holder will also:
- Observe and adhere to the companies’ policies and procedures, undergoing relevant training and development to fulfil the requirements of the Company and the post.
- This job description is designed to highlight the key areas of work, objectives will be agreed.
- The duties & responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive, but are set out to indicate the main areas of activity currently expected in this position. You will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the needs of the role.
- This job description is an outline of the role & function; it is not intended to be specific for all tasks.
What’s in it for me?
- Salary meets NMW
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.